Mr. Simon Makhanu
The Finance Department has the mandate of designing and implementing sound and effective systems for the management of the institutions’ resources. The department comprises highly qualified staffers who are experienced and result oriented. Sang’alo Institute of Science & Technology is an academic hub in the region due to the large number of students who pass through it every year because of the high quality courses, delivered efficiently and at relatively low fees. The department urges the student body to take advantage of the available financial options to ensure they don’t disrupt their learning process. Among the available options are: Apply for bursaries and HELB loans to ease fee payments (the Dean’s office helps students apply for HELB loans), Apply for TVET loans to facilitate the early payment of fees,Pay the fees in regular but reliable installments.
- Formulation, interpretation and implementation of financial policies, regulations and strategy
- Preparation of annual budgets and budgetary control
- Timely preparation and submission of periodical reports and financial statements
- Institution of controls for enhancing prudent management of resources both financial and non-financial.
- To maintain prudent resource management
- To embrace technological advancements in all operations to enhance timeliness efficiency and effectiveness