Sang’alo Institute of Science & Technology (SIST) is a public institutes of Technology in Kenya. The name Sang’alo is derived from a Bukusu local language word “Sangala” meaning happiness. SIST is situated in Bungoma County, Bungoma South Sub County, and Seven (7) Kilometres South East of Bungoma town on the Bungoma-Nambacha-Kakamega road.
The history of SIST dates back to 1924 when the late paramount chief of Bukusu , Mzee Sudi Namachanja donated 610 acres of land to Dr. Cameron , a scotish veterinarian to establish a centre for vaccination and treatment of livestock. In 1927, the farm developed into a livestock improvement centre for upgrading indigenous cattle to enhance milk and meat production. In 1977, the institute admitted its first intake of twenty students to study certificate in general agriculture. SIST became a public institution in 1993. Its governance was put under the management of board of governors (BOG) appointed by the ministry of education science and technology. This facilitated the posting of lecturers by the Teachers service commission.